Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm back to busy again...

Grandma is back in the hospital, she fell and broke her leg, she's rehabbing right now, learning how to walk again and in all that jazz my dad's lung troubles continue, his left lung is bad right, and Thursday, his right lung collapsed. For the third time, his right lung collapsed. We almost lost him. I drove out here to be with my mom and dad, they put him on a ventilator and he stayed on a ventilator over 24 hrs. They took him off the ventilator and kept him in the hospital with the chest tube in while they debated what to do. In the meantime, they moved him out of ICU and put him in a regular room. Today they will do the surgery, they will adhere the lung to the chest wall to keep it from collapsing.

He only weighs 84 pounds and he is very weak, so I'm worried about the outcome of this surgery...

anyways, just to keep you all posted, I wanted to let you know what was going on...
take care and wish us luck!

kT

No comments:

Post a Comment