Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ahhh

A day off....this is a weird week, my work schedule is interrupting my days off! LOL.  I'm back on my exercise schedule and with a new elliptical, its proving to be a bit more challenging.  I like the elliptical and it is quite the workout for an old lady like myself.  I can feel the burn of my thighs within the first 5 minutes and that's great however, by the end of 20 minutes, its very difficult for me to keep going to the 30 minute mark.  Ugh...if only I was 41 with the body & energy of a 21 year old healthy young woman. My cholesterol numbers are looking so much better this year and I'm super excited about that, my total cholesterol is the lowest its been in years and I am attributing that to my new diet and exercise plan.  I want to change my destiny and I don't want to die of a heart attack like my grandfather did years ago and had I kept up on the path I was on, I would possibly be dead in less than 10 years and I am ready for a lot of things but I'm not sure I'm ready for that.  So, I'm going to continue on with a healthy diet & some consistent exercise and see where my numbers are in a year.  Wish me luck, because I'm going to need it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment