Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break, Day 1

Officially, this is day 1 of spring break for me because I had to work on Friday and Saturday, technically, I'm supposed to be at work today, but it was arranged that I could have today off to get some much needed work done around my house. I have seriously neglected the "chores" for months and I was supposed to have some out of town company for the week, but due to circumstances beyond control, my company can not make it, so ...here I sit, on my new big comfy puffy sofa listening to serial killers on tv and blogging here for the first time in what feels like forever. My mid-term grades were good, I got 2 A's and 2 B's...so, that's alright by me. Life is getting tougher these days, I find myself in a struggle over resting vs. working. I know I have no school this week, but the work still has to be done. I have to build a clay brain this week, begin a research paper on the Black Panthers and study for a psych test on Monday when we return to school. I have 2 cases to brief for government and I have to seriously catch up on some reading for philosophy. I have to go upstairs and clean my office, I might do that today later, I have so many things to go through and pitch and so many things to sort and keep and its so overwhelming. I think I'll try to break up the week and do half day school work, half day cleaning. I have to re-pot some plants that I got after Dad died and I feel that if I don't do that this week, the plants may die.

I am not a plant type person, but because these are from Dad's memorial service, I'll make an honest go of it. I would also like to get together with some distant friends and catch up. My friends are only distant because I'm so busy lately. And....if the weather is right this week, I sure would love to get in a little fishing. True relaxation is sitting on the beach, throwin some bait out...

I just wish I could take 2 hours and go get a massage or something...my body aches and for the first time in my life, I feel 40 coming on quick!

To finish the week off right, I have to ask, Why are people so mean?
Why do people feel compelled to chew one's head off over something so unimportant? I'm not getting this! If you have a relevant beef, I understand, but something so small and petty, its truly ridiculous for someone to just GO OFF on someone else.

I saw some things go on at work these past few weeks and it just blows my mind how mean people can be...

well, I better go for now, I'll have to write more later but today, I just feel like taking a nap!

take care,
kT

No comments:

Post a Comment