Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ohhh Sh*%! Is this a sign?

Do you believe in signs?

I do, sometimes I think I do! Do you believe that your life is already laid out for you? Like when your mother sets your clothes out for you on the bed before Sunday School...

I've been dating TLOML for 5, living with him for 4 years. 4.5 years ago Valentine's Day he unexpectedly proposed... :)

I told him 4.5 years ago when he proposed that if I still like him in 5 years we will marry...

Our friends/family hassle us all the time about getting married...

Not my parents of course, they still don't know, I won't tell them because if they knew, they would probably cringe!

Oh God, another marriage..don't you think twice is enough? or something to that effect...

Anyways...Our plan was to fly to Greece to get married and see the village where my Grandfather grew up and see the relatives I've never met...

We were going to go this year but due to circumstances beyond our control, we couldn't make it, so we planned to try again next year..


WELL...

If you haven't heard...Greece is currently on fire....right now...just outside of Athens and in other parts as well. And it deeply saddens me as I consume my days watching on the internet the fires that may destroy the very home I never lived in and the family I've never met...

The thought of seeing Greece, learning the language and eating the food...the night life, the ocean......ohhhh..it is so depressing...I feel so badly..

Is it a sign? I know I've had my reservations about getting married again..
But come on already...this isn't the past...I have the power now to change things and to live how I want, I mean, I'm smarter these days...

A wedding, in Santorini on the beach with the LOML, it all sounds like a dream...
I'm truly afraid to want something that sounds so perfect..

I mean, I have a great life today, a life that I never knew could be so wonderful...

He's so cute...

He laughs at me when I stumble through the greek alphabet and when I answer him in my best though so american tongue...he thinks its so adorable...
I giggle..it probably is, but it makes me happy to learn new things and I pray to "popooey" to help me through it...

My Grandfather spoke 6 different languages...it was so funny when I was a child, he would just babble on on the phone, then he would hang up and call another person and speek in a whole other language..

he died when I was 9...
heart disease..

Anyways, I'm hopeful still..I pray that the fires can all be extinguished...
Que Sera Sera...

I know, it's not greek...but still.. what will be will be!

Pray and get on the plane..!!

Wish us luck!
kT

No comments:

Post a Comment