Monday, August 6, 2007

Well, It's time to say goodbye!

I officially put in my two-weeks notice at my full-time job, I was offered a promising full-time position with a hospital a bit farther away but it's more pay so that should aid in the additional fuel expense.

I started at the soon-to-be former healthcare facility seeking a bit more ventilator experience...I had graduated from respiratory school 9 months prior and the position I accepted right after school had only taught me (in 9 months) how to give 25+ breathing treatments per night on a good night...I did more in clinicals at that facility than I did as an employee...they said it would take approximately 2 years to get into the icu units...I didn't want to lose ALL of what I learned in school, so I headed off to what appeared to be HEAVEN on earth...I spent 2.5 years at the place I'm currently leaving and I learned a great deal...but now, with cutbacks and investors and the you-know-whats...it's just simply time for me to move on...


I believe a great deal in the "steps" of life...the things you wind up doing only so that it may help you in the next part of your journey..

It actually started years ago...I lucked into a "data entry" position, worked there for a while, moved to another position at another company where I got to learn more about accounting work...kinda silly really, but that particular company let me go after only 3 months because they didn't want to pay for my insurance and such...hurt my feelings at the time, but it helped me move on to my next position...etc..

Anyway, ever since I was 12ish, I knew I wanted to be in healthcare...I picked up on medical terms pretty easy and I loved biology...any class I could take where I could dissect creatures..I signed up for...absolutely loved it!!

I had envisioned a life as a physician of some sort my whole teenage years..
But things happen and your life takes a new direction..so hello mommyhood!

When I found a point in my life where I could return to school, I didn't think I could even get back into medicine..but lo & behold...a door opened..I prayed hard during enrollment, I asked God to help me decide if this was truly where I was meant to go...as every door opened, I think the Lord himself was taking on the "mortal gentleman" position of opening the doors for me...which I'm eternally greatful for!

So here I am, working in a field that I truly enjoy..but I'm very limited in what I can and can't do...so, as I enter into my 4th decade...I see that med school is very attainable....I really believe I have a shot...

Here I go...praying equally as hard this time...I take on a new position, one that will allow me to return to school, maybe even paying some of my tuition for me (I hope) so that I can complete my bachelor's degree in science and my five-year plan is to complete the BS and attempt the MCAT's exam...

If all goes well, I will be able to get into the University for the D.O. program...
I sure hope that this is in God's plan for me...but if it's not, then I can and will be happy doing what I'm doing now...

Having my children young, puts me at a great disadvantage...my vocabulary isn't that of my age sometimes and so many things I hear I don't know what they mean...

Even though I'm a bit slow (blonde joke like slow) and having ADD doesn't help, I am going to make the best of it and just keep pressing through..

I trust that the Good Lord will let me know if this isn't in his design or my best interests...

My birth given name means "helper of mankind" and even though I've changed my name legally, the part of "helper of mankind" still holds true!!

Good night and God Bless
kT

No comments:

Post a Comment